Be well, play well
The goal is to be a mindful performer: relaxed with intensity.
Dr. Havlick works with athletes (broadly defined to include dancers, musicians, or anyone who is physically performing) from different sports, of all ages, and of many levels of proficiency. (His Ph.D. in Sport Psychology from Temple is his defining credential in this area.) The one thing they all have in common: they want to get better at what they do. His clients include:
- Young beginners with performance anxiety
- Elite veterans at their prime who are looking for the final nudge to the summit
- Dancers seeking the flow state
- Athletes returning to the court after rehab
- Burned out competitors seeking to enjoy sport again
Parents are happy to know that he is a successful School Counselor and High School athletic coach who has had decades of dependable, empathic, and fun experience working with young athletes.
Dr. Havlick works with school teams (public, private, parochial, college, university, etc.) as well as with individuals. This modality is actually MORE effective than individual interventions in some cases. It is particularly well-suited to enhancing team unity and focus.
- Improved academics: The ultimate objective is to develop scholars. Havlick Consulting brings professional school counseling experience and familiarity to the fore, recognizing the logistics and importance of: 1. Eligibility, 2. College transcript development, and 3. Building skills for education, career, and life.
- Performance Enhancement: Fostering team collaboration leading to improved performance is central to success.
- Addressing mental and emotional performance issues with athletes. Available on the field, in the office, at the game…whichever makes most sense to the client or to the objective.