You want to be your best
…and there are many ways to get there…
Dr. Havlick focuses on a few inter-related disciplines to help clients experience life to it’s fullest:
1. Sport Psychology – Joe’s Ph.D. is in this area and he has a large client base here: all sports and ages.
2. Mindfulness Training – Joe has a dedicated practice of meditation that he offers to all of his clients.
3. Tutoring – Joe works with students of all ages regarding not only a wide range of subjects, but skills common to all subjects, like organization and goal-setting.
4. Anxiety Reduction – General treatment, but specific expertise in test anxiety reduction (see below)
5. College Counseling – An expert with over 20 years of experience in the process.
Given Joe’s skill and experience bases, he is particularly well-suited to help two important niches:
1. The high school athlete who expects to play at college. Not only can Dr. Havlick work with a scholar-athlete’s game, but he can then seamlessly advise regarding the academic and athletic transition to post-secondary life. The application process, recruiting process, and NCAA regulations are all areas of specific expertise.
2. Standardized Test-takers suffering from performance anxiety. Taking the SAT’s (or ACT’s) is one of the most stress-inducing events in a young person’s life. Many students want to excel at these high-stakes assessments and pressure themselves into low scores. Joe’s training in the appropriate and effective handling of stress, along with his familiarity with the college process, put him in a unique position to help. If you want to perform at the highest level, make Joseph T. Havlick, Ph.D. your personal guide or part of your larger success team.